Mountain Crest FFA CDEs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mountain Crest FFA CDEs

The Mountain Crest FFA just barely competed in their State CDEs (Career Development Events) and gained numerous recognitions in multiple areas. The FFA organization’s purpose is to prepare students for career and leadership success. CDEs are one of the ways that members strive to be prepared to go into careers in the agricultural field. Most of the contests consist of a written exam, animal or carcass judging, as well as multiple practicums. Many require oral reasoning and some, like the Marketing Plan CDE and the Ag. Sales CDE, require a presentation. The MCFFA has been preparing for the contests during Flex and after school, and it payed off.

The MC Agricultural Sales team took 3rd place. The students were tested on their knowledge of common sales practices and also role played as sales men/women for an agricultural company.

In Dairy Judging our team took 2nd place. They proved that they could identify prime dairy cattle and justify their decisions orally.

Our Farm Business Management team took 2nd place. They learned financial planning as well as the basics of managing a farm.

Reagan Watrin took 3rd place individually in Poultry Evaluation. Her and her team, which earned a Silver Ranking, showed knowledge of the poultry industry, as well as product knowledge.

Other teams that got Gold Rankings are: Agronomy, Agricultural Technology and Mechanics, and Horse Evaluation.

Our Silver Ranking teams are: Food Science, Forestry, Marketing Plan, Meats Evaluation, and Veterinary Science.

The Bronze Ranking Teams are: Floriculture and Milk Quality Products.

Congratulations to all who competed. If you would like to join the FFA program, talk to your counselor about signing up for Agricultural Education classes today!

By Reagan Watrin, Chapter Reporter