A Student’s School Day

Saylor Funk

Are you scared of high school? Well you should be. As a freshman at  Mountain Crest High School I feel responsible to tell the 8th graders that, IT GETS WORSE! For example, your actual freaking grades count now, all the stress makes you want to die, and all you have time for is the homework that you dread doing. School is a pain in my behind and I am sadly, forced to go, but sometimes it can be fun it all just depends on who you surround yourself with.

Every morning you wake up and are dead tired so you press the snooze button a thousand times on your alarm.Then you get up, finally and only have ten minutes to get ready, so you come up with reasons on why you shouldn’t go and your parents let you down gently, by yelling at you saying “GET YOUR BUTT UP AND GO TO SCHOOL!”, and then you go to school and die inside.

The bus is terrible. I hate it so much. I hate walking down to the bus stop that’s a bajillion gazillion miles away. It takes you to place that feels equally as awful as prison, actually worse…school. School sucks. It’s one of the most depressing places you can be. Especially if you have no friends, like me. Just kidding–I have one. It really sucks when they don’t show up for school. You feel like you are the loneliest person in the history of the multiverse. When you get to school early you have extra time before it starts and it is the worst because you’re just waiting to go sit in a classroom and do nothing. During that time you talk with your friends about life and how you don’t want to be there. Yup, that sums it up. The most pointless part of my day.

There you go. Off to doing time in all of your classes. Honestly if you are taking fun classes then it’s not as bad as prison. Well, until you get to the homework; that’s what makes you rethink your whole life starting from when your mother birthed you. Sorry that’s TMI, but still true. If you take all the hard classes you can your freshman and sophomore years, then you will want to die and summer will feel like it’s 241,654,563,212 years away (that is a true fact). But then you get them out of the way and your junior and senior years are filled with college classes. Yay.

You may think that when the school day is over, it gets better. It doesn’t. At all. If anything it gets worse because all of that time is spent doing the 16,000 assignments that were given to you and are expected to be done the next day. As you are doing them, you realize that you will have to stay up, if not late, then all night to get all of them done. I don’t do that because if I do, teachers will be dealing with a ferocious, grumpy lion the next day.

After all of the torture you have witnessed so far, you realize you still have to shower. Showering in the middle of the night is a struggle. Let me tell you why. You can’t wake your family up or, well um…death. You have to be like a literal mouse so you don’t die. Not only that but you have to go to bed with wet hair. Then finally you can get your two-hour sleep that you have been waiting what feels like 3,000 years for.

So, freshman of the 2018-19 year, I’m trying to help you by warning you about what is to come. Yes the 16,000 assignments suck and the 465,516,963,332 hours of homework extremely sucks, but it’s worth it. Just do your best and if your best isn’t good enough, you’re screwed. Good luck freshies!